We develop complex and low-loss photonic circuits that can be programmed like electronic circuits. We build multifunctional circuits and demonstrate novel RF and photonic signal processing concepts including modulation transformation.
We also explore new mechanisms for efficient tuning of photonic circuits incorporating piezoelectric materials.
- O. Daulay, G. Liu, R. Botter, M. Hoekman, E.J. Klein, C. Roeloffzen, J. Capmany, and D. Marpaung, “Programmable integrated microwave photonic filter using modulation transformer and double-injection ring resonator,” ECOC 2021.
- X. Guo, Y. Liu, T. Yin, B. Morrison, M. Pagani, O. Daulay, W. Bogaerts, B.J. Eggleton, A. Casas-Bedoya, and D. Marpaung, “Versatile silicon microwave photonic spectral shaper, “ APL Photonics (as Editor’s pick) (2021).
- O. Daulay, G. Liu, X. Guo, M. Eijkel, and D. Marpaung, “A tutorial on integrated microwave photonic spectral shaper,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, invited tutorial (2020).
- O. Daulay, R. Botter, and D. Marpaung, “On-chip programmable microwave photonic filter with an integrated optical carrier processor,” OSA Continuum 3, 2166-2174 (2020).
- Y. Liu, A. Choudhary, D. Marpaung, and B. J. Eggleton, “Integrated Microwave Photonic Filters,” Advances in Optics and Photonics 12, 485-555 (2020).