PhD and postdoc positions in 3D integrated photonic-phononic circuit
We are looking for excellent candidates for the ERC Consolidator project TRIFFIC (Three-Dimensional Integrated Photonic-Phononic Circuit). The goal of TRIFFIC is to develop an advanced signal processor with comprehensive spectral control by realizing on-demand and programmable optomechanics. We are hiring for 4 PhD and 2 postdoc positions.
Applicants are encouraged to discuss the projects with Prof. David Marpaung, prior to submitting applications.
We are looking for highly motivated candidates with a background in photonics, physics, electronic engineering, or closely related areas. In particular, experience in one or more of the following topics is desired:
- Fabrication of photonic and piezoelectric materials, for example, silicon, silicon nitride, aluminum nitride, lithium niobate.
- Nonlinear optics in particular stimulated Brillouin scattering (SBS).
- Experimental work on microwave photonics and optical communication systems.
- Modelling or experimental work on lasers and optical frequency combs.
- Experimental work on optical fiber devices, for example, photonic crystal fiber, tapered fiber.
- Familiarity with optical simulation software including COMSOL, Lumerical, Phoenix Optodesigner.
- A PhD position for four years, full time with a probationary period of one year
- A starting salary of € 2.222,- in the first year and a salary of € 2.840,- in the fourth year gross per month
- Excellent mentorship, a stimulating research environment, and world-class research facilities
- Close collaboration with photonic industries in the Netherlands
- Various professional and personal development programs
Applications should include the following documents
- A a one-page motivation why you want to apply for this position and to join the group
- A detailed CV (resume) with a publication list
- An academic transcript of B.Sc. and M.Sc. education
- Details and contact of at least two academic referees